Link to webcast: http://streaming.webcastandbeyond.com/scgs/
2016 Genetic Genealogy: The Future of the Past ONLINE Conference for Genetic Genealogists – Registration & Viewing Portal
Live Streaming on Thursday, June 2, 2016
8:30 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time (Los Angeles)
Archive recordings available until July 5th, 2016
Here are some last minute tips and suggestions to help you have a successful experience:
- REFRESH YOUR BROWSER if the video freezes or does not start playing when the broadcast is supposed to begin. This is especially true if you keep the viewing page open for a long time before the event begins. The refresh process varies slightly depending on the device you have but typically it involves pressing the F5 key, or the circular arrow icon or better yet, just closing the browser and re-launching it.
- The webcast will have two streams for each session; one high quality (for people with fast internet) and one medium quality (for slower connections). Normally the player automatically selects the best stream based on your internet speed but you can manually choose for yourself by clicking on the gear icon in the lower right corner of the player. “720P” is the high quality setting and “360P” is the medium quality. If your video stops frequently and buffers select the 360P option.
- If you need help your best bet is to click the “Contact Support” button on the main page. Using social media or other SCGS communication channels will not be very effective.
- It is not uncommon for a small percentage of users to experience poor performance due to network conditions in their local area. Remember that you can re-watch all of the sessions you paid for up to 30 days after the event (July 5th deadline), so when the issues that caused the complications are resolved you will be able to have a pleasant viewing experience.
- As a reminder, this is the link you go to to access your viewing pages: http://streaming.webcastandbeyond.com/scgs/
- From there click the “Watch” button to access your session. If you haven’t already done so you will be prompted to log in with your username and password.
- Remember to switch to each session you paid for at its scheduled time. If you say on the page after the session concludes, you will miss everything else that follows.
- If there is a technical problem on our end or you can’t get onto our streaming website, try this alternate website: https://livestream.com/wab/alt
- The recorded archives will be posted on the same pages used for the live broadcast. Please allow approximately 24 hours after the live stream for this to occur.